For Stable Development of Non-ferrous metallurgical Industry
Stable development of the metallurgical industry is desired for steady supply of metallic materials which are the fundamentals of infrastructure for society. The domestic metallurgical industry is exposed to severe situation. For sustainable development of the non-ferrous metallurgical industry, the following issues must be resolved.
- Advancement of extraction technology,
- Development of functional materials utilizing environmentally unfriendly by-products,
- Development of efficient extractive metallurgy from unused ores,
Furthermore, cultivation of human resources involving in this field is also important.Collaborative Research Division of Non-ferrous Metallurgy and Environmental Science is aimed at cultivation of human resources by practical minded education and stimulation of non-ferrous metallurgical industry collaborating with industrial society.
- High efficiency of pyro- and hydro-metallurgy based on systematic understanding of fundamentals
- Development of low grade ore smelting
- Verification and expansion of the basic thermodynamic parameters of non-ferrous metallurgy
- Preparation of ultrahigh purity materials and their intrinsic properties